Friday, April 24, 2009

Communication

I wouldn't describe it as mental telepathy, but there was some thought/concept exchange with most of the Temple people. They used a spoken language as well, which I could generally comprehend and they seemed to understand me. This understanding was a product of comprehending the thought idea contained in the speech. I believe that some of them, Arund-Du and Krismere especially, had the ability to "read minds" or at least assess signs, attributes, or other signals projected by me. Communication was never a struggle.

There was a time when Rhea and I were marooned and approached by lowland deputies. In that event I was able to comprehend the intent of the man without any speech. Perhaps my encounters with the Temple people exercised my own faculties. When I spoke to the deputy he understood me and I understood him.

All in all, it was less an issue than if I had been dropped in modern Peru and had to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment